I just spent one of those weekends that makes you take a second look at your life and wonder if your priorities are completely in the right place. Not that they’re dramatically off-center, just that I wonder if there are some things I left behind along the way that I need to spend more time on–a lot more time on. It’s all very personal at the moment, and nothing I want to go public with, but it did make it a challenge to prepare my 3 in 30 post for November.
I can tell you what I’m NOT going to do. I’m not going to participate in NaNoWriMo. Much as I’d love to, it’s not the right time for me. Maybe next year. I’m not doing it with my kids this year, either, although last year’s experience was wonderful, and I heartily endorse it.
There are three reasons for this:
- I’ve spent so much time in recent months concentrating on After the Snow Falls that I need to give myself a reprieve to recharge my creative juices.
- We’re planning a big trip later this month. More on that really soon. I’m so excited! It’s a surprise for the kids that I’ll unveil here when I tell them.
- We’re gearing up to move back to China! Again, excited beyond words, and so. much. to. do. Already reading moving blogs and advice because I’m determined to make this one less stressful!
This may require some future revision, but here are my goals at this moment:
- Get my personal schedule on track. For me this means getting up before everyone else in the house, spending some devotional time, and then exercising and showering before breakfast preparations.
- Begin moving preparations.
- Pull off a successful birthday celebration for Sweetpea, and have a blast on our trip.