In the meantime, we are packing up for China, and I’m coming across a lot of books that were on my I’ll-read-that-one-day-when-I-have-the-time list. You know the list, right?
Only problem is, I refuse to pack up a lot of books and move them to China. A lot of these books are non-fiction, but there are some good fiction titles in there too, mostly ones I picked up at thrift stores or had passed on to me after someone else read them.
So here’s my hopeful list of books I want to read before we seal the lid on the final box:
- The Muir House by Mary DeMuth
- Their Eyes were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
- An Imperfect Lens by Anne Roiphe
- The Deep End of the Ocean by Jacquelyn Mitchard
- Captain Corelli’s Mandolin by Louis De Bernieres
- Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates
Okay, okay, you see just as well as I do what’s going to happen here, don’t you? There are simply not enough hours in the day. Sigh.
Looks like a giveaway may be in order. Stay tuned.